TUDOR watches are renowned for their complex mechanical precision and optimal performance. Rest assured that when purchasing a TUDOR timepiece, you are also purchasing a piece of mind. TUDOR offer exceptional advice and after care, ensuring you always get the very best from your treasured TUDOR watch.
THE NEW 5 - YEAR WARRANTY
DOES MY TUDOR WATCH COME WITH A WARRANTY?
Yes, EVERY TUDOR watch purchased after 1st January 2020 will now come with a newly extended 5-year warranty. This warranty does not cover any damage or deterioration caused by accidental damage or inappropriate use of the watch. The TUDOR warranty is voided if any intervention is made by a non-TUDOR-authorised third party.
TUDOR watches purchased from 1st July 2018 to 17th December 2019 will receive an 18-month guarantee extension from 2 years to 3 ½ years.
And TUDOR watches purchased before 1st July 2018 will retain the 2 year guarantee.
DOES MY TUDOR WATCH NEED SERVICING?
Yes, your TUDOR watch requires regular servicing to ensure optimal performance of the precise mechanical complexities.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET MY TUDOR WATCH SERVICED?
We would recommend a TUDOR service every 3 to 5 years.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A TUDOR SERVICE?
The TUDOR service includes a total overhaul of your watch. TUDOR ensure that the performance of your watch complies with its original specifications. Rigorous testing of the timekeeping accuracy and waterproofing are carried out to guarantee the renowned quality and reliability of TUDOR.
TUDOR also offer an opt in restoration for the case and bracelet. This includes a full clean and refinish.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY TUDOR WATCH DURING THE TUDOR SERVICE?
- Your TUDOR watch is identified by its unique serial number.
- A detailed diagnostic examination is carried out by a highly qualified watchmaker. The case, bracelet and movement are meticulously analysed to determine the procedures necessary for your watch. You will then receive an itemised estimate.
- Once the estimate has been accepted, your TUDOR watch will now be disassembled.
- Firstly, the bracelet is detached from its case. The case is then opened and the movement is removed.
- Once the movement has been removed the whole case and movement can now be entirely disassembled.
- Each of the movement’s components are then carefully ultrasonically cleaned.
- These components are then meticulously examined. Worn or damaged parts are then replaced (where applicable) with genuine TUDOR parts.
- The movement is then reassembled with its components re lubricated to minimise friction and wear.
- Finally, your balance wheel undertakes a meticulous calibration which is then electronically tested and verified. Rigorous technical tests are then carried out over several days to guarantee the proper functioning and precision the of the movement.
- If you choose the refinishing service option, this will consist of careful ultrasonic cleaning, polishing and satin-finishing of the case and bracelet. As with the full TUDOR service, any worn or damaged components are replaced (where applicable) with genuine TUDOR parts.
- Your case will now be reassembled and all seals are replaced. To ensure its waterproofing requirements, your watch case will undergo two rigorous tests. A vacuum and pressure test in water, which is then followed by an additional condensation detection test to detect the slightest amount of moisture within the case.
- On completion of your TUDOR service, the final quality controls are carried out. The power reserve, timing precision and aesthetic appearance of the watch are all verified, once again guaranteeing your TUDOR watch is to the highest quality standard.
HOW MUCH DOES A TUDOR SERVICE COST?
The first thing to take into consideration is that most authorised TUDOR retailers will ask for a non-refundable, estimate fee on your TUDOR service. This is effectively a deposit to cover any admin and insurance costs in the event that service work suggested is not to be proceeded with. If the service work advised by the Official Rolex or TUDOR service centre is completed, this estimate fee (retailer dependant) will be deducted from the overall service charge.
Once your watch has been received and assessed by the highly qualified watchmakers in the authorised TUDOR Service Centre, an estimate will be uniquely itemised for your consent, before any work is carried out. Therefore, the overall cost of a TUDOR service is entirely dependent on the work that you agree for your TUDOR to undertake.
OFFICIAL TUDOR SERVICE CENTRE
WHERE DO I TAKE MY TUDOR WATCH FOR AN AUTHORISED TUDOR SERVICE?
As servicing should ONLY be carried out by an Official Rolex or TUDOR Service Centre, you can take your TUDOR watch to your local Official TUDOR retailer to arrange the service for you and answer any questions you may have about the process.
IS THE WORK CARRIED OUT IN A TUDOR SERVICE COVERED BY A WARRANTY?
Yes, with or without the case and bracelet refinishing option, TUDOR offer a two-year service guarantee. As with TUDOR’s newly extended 5-year warranty, this does not cover any damage or deterioration caused by accidental damage or inappropriate use of the watch. The TUDOR Service Guarantee is voided if any intervention is made by a non-TUDOR-authorised third party or the addition of any non-TUDOR parts or accessories.
If you have any other questions regarding your TUDOR timepiece, please contact one of our Burrells Stores who will be happy to assist you further.